Central Bank of Nigeria CBN Director, Priscilla Ekwere Eleje made history by becoming the first woman to have her signature on the naira.
Here are some details about Eleje you may not know about.
So who is Priscilla Ekwere Eleje?
- She is the 1st Nigerian woman to have her signature on the Nigerian currency.
- She is the first female Director of currency in the history of the Central Bank of Nigeria.
- She was confirmed, substantive director of the apex bank on August 30, 2018.
- New currencies printed from then on will be carrying her signature.
- She is a psychology graduate of the University of Jos, Nigeria.
- Mrs. Eleje is an alumna of the prestigious Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship programme in Banking and Management at Boston University, Massachusetts, USA.
- She is also a Certified Information System Auditor (CISA).